SunMark Bank Employment Opportunities
To apply for job openings, please click on the job in which you wish to apply. An email will open through Microsoft Outlook, and you should attach to that email your current resume. If you have trouble opening the link, or you do not use Microsoft Outlook, please send an email from your default email account with your current resume and any questions or concerns you have regarding the job opening to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for applying to SunMark Community Bank.
If you do not have a resume, please print and fill out our application before visiting your local SunMark branch.
Current Job Openings
Hawkinsville - Bookkeeping Clerk - Investigate fraudulent claims, mitigate risks and research suspect items and/or transactions within appropriate time frames. Answer and assist branches with customer inquiries, education, research and updates as needed.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Ability to work well with others in a close environment
· Basic experience, knowledge and training in all the bank’s operational, deposit and lending activities and terminology
· Basic computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel programs
· Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position
· Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets, variables and situations where only limited standardization exists
· Good organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties
· Ability to define problems, collect data and research current and impending operational issues
· Contribute to the fulfillment of department and Bank objectives and goals
· Ability to exercise discretion and tactfully handle sensitive and confidential issues
· Strong problem-solving abilities
· Proficient knowledge of core application and ancillary product integration
· Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all areas pertinent to your assigned duties by successful completion of any courses assigned on a timely basis.
· Reviews new account opening documentation and reports for CIP compliance ensuring all required documentation is collected and accurate; maintains exception report of missing information for follow up by branch personnel.
· Maintain signature card files and converts paper documents to electronic storage for archiving.
· Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Follows established bank policies and procedures, meets and adheres to audit standards. Supports the banks goals and values accordingly.
· Assists and supports the Bank’s branches and Loan teams with customer service issues, and back office procedures related to deposits, product documentation and maintenance, correcting and maintaining multiple databases to ensure consistency of customer information.
· Process and completes debit card disputes and ACH disputes.
· Performs daily reconciliation of the following but not limited to: Branch Cash Items, Branch Cash Settlement, ATM’s, Correspondent and FRB Settlement, ACH reconciliation, Cashier Checks, Expense Checks, Non-Post, NSF’s.
· Processes and performs the following: ACH transactions, Return Item Maintenance, Outgoing & Incoming Returns, Non-Post, Foreign Item collections, Large Item Review, Research and Adjustments, Stop Payments, Levy, Subpoena, IRA, Reg D, Debit Card, and Reg E.
· Write reports with core software report writer.
· Participates in required annual BSA/AML training.
· Complies with BSA/AML policies and procedures including identifying and reporting suspicious activity and other job specific duties related to BSA.
· Assists in special projects and tasks for the department as directed.
Perry (*NEW*) - No applications are being accepted at this time
Bonaire - No applications are being accepted at this time
Houston Lake - No applications are being accepted at this time
Fort Valley - Teller I - Maintain individual teller cash drawer with multiple teller related responsibilities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of job training program or approved outside training program.
- Good interpersonal communication and computer skills; ability to operate standard office equipment such as adding machines and typewriters.
- Previous teller experience is a plus.
Specific Job Functions:
- Receives checks and cash for deposits to accounts, verifies amounts, examines checks for proper endorsement and enters deposit into computer records.
- Cashes checks and processes withdrawals; pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Promotes and explains other financial institution services such as consumer and mortgage loans, IRAs, certificates of deposits, safe deposit boxes, travelers checks,etc.
- Counts, checks, and packages coins and currency.
- Balances cash drawer at end of the shift and compares totaled amounts to computer.
- Maintains ATM balances
- Reports malfunctions of teller station terminals and other computer equipment used at teller station.
- Fills in for CSR as necessary.
Mortgage Department - No applications are being accepted at this time
SunMark Community Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. EEO is the Law